It’s all over now. Thank goodness, because I’m exhausted. This was my first Agile 200X conference and it was well worth going to. I had a good time doing my presentations, and I even managed to sit in on other folks presentations from time to time. It gave me a few ideas to take back home. A quick sampling of those ideas includes:
- Never flip the bozo bit
- Try to use goals more aggressively to help find impediments
- Try more techniques for introducing “practice” and “play” into projects
- Try out a few more disciplined techniques for retrospectives
- Try measuring the scrum master metric – how many impediments are removed per day?
- Refocus on testing to improve story quality?
Nothing new. Nothing revolutionary. Just a few ideas to play with in the comming months. All in all a great conference. Toronto is a fun city – with great food. The one negative note – I don’t want to stay in a Sheraton again any time soon – I feel like they scalped me every chance they got with fees and overpriced services. It was embarrassing.
Oh well, on to next year.