Based on the popularity of the first post on SAFe Mix-ins, here are a few more ideas for practices that you could mix and match with your SAFe implementation:
- No Coaching – Train the managers and leave them in charge of the transformation
- Sociocracy – introduce Sociocracy
- No Prep PI Planning – Do a quick half day of training and then go straight into the PI Planning event
- Agile Chartering – Integrate concepts from Diana Larsen and Ainslie Nies book, Lift Off!
- Disciplined Agile Development – are there more document centric practices that might apply, especially in highly regulated industries?
- Lean Budgeting – can we incorporate concepts from Lean budgeting or beyond budgeting?
- Agile HR – Can we bring HR into the big picture in a meaningful way?
As you can see, there really are no limits to the elements that we can use to enhance or refine our SAFe rollouts. I want to thank all the folks who attended this session at Agile Open Northwest this year. Their ideas were amazing!